Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Fever!

As many of you know, it's been unseasonably cold in Florida this entire winter. Now, I know that a Florida winter is nothing compared to a north east winter, however it's been pretty darn cold here! According to the weather forecasters, the cold weather should be gone for good! Bye bye winter... hello spring!

Things around the Lasher household have been busy to say the least. We've been busy with work, preparing for the baby, things around the house and other typical tasks of life.

Ian is working 6 days a week and I've been working 5 days a week. Tax season is in full swing and I'm looking forward to the end of March and the end of tax season. Ian doesn't handle personal taxes, so the April 15th deadline doesn't matter to him. The bulk of his work is due by March 15th, which is only a week away. It will be nice to have my husband back and I can't wait! Work has been busy for me because I'm trying to tie up loose ends before I go out on maternity leave. Case management is probably the worst job to leave because you're not dealing with companies or things; you're dealing with people and peoples' lives. I have to ensure my cases are in order because my co-workers will be the ones managing my cases while I'm gone. The next few weeks will be very busy at work, but I'm prepared for the task at hand.

I had a total of 3 baby showers... can you believe it? First, my friends Lisa and Jenn hosted a baby shower for me in late January, which was amazing! They did such a great job and I couldn't have chosen a better group of people to celebrate with. My friends Dawn and Stephanie actually flew to Tampa to spend the week with me and to celebrate! Then, my aunts hosted a baby shower for me in Baltimore and I flew up to Baltimore for the weekend to celebrate with friends and family. It was such a great baby shower and I was able to see everyone without traveling all over the city. I even managed to get all of the gifts on the plane and back to Tampa. Don't ask me how, but I was able to do it! Lastly, my co-workers were able to host a surprise baby at work. I work with an incredible group of people and they did an incredible job of surprising me. Needless to say, we practically have everything we need for the baby and I have our friends and family to thank. We do have a few odds and ends to pick up, but we have some time to finish up our shopping. My goal is to have the nursery organized by the end of March.

We're having new carpet installed in the carpeted areas this Saturday and Sunday. I'm looking forward to have new carpet, but I'm dreading the preparation and aftermath. We have to put everything away, with the exception of the furniture, which will be moved by the installers. I feel like we have so much to do and not a lot of time to do it all. I know it will all be worth it in the end, I just wish I had a magic wand to wave to take care of everything that needs to be done. I'm looking forward to having the house finished, organized and clean. Knowing that my house is in order would relieve so much stress for me. I'm very thankful that we have a few more weeks to get everything in order before the baby arrives.

The baby will be here before we know it! As of this Friday, we will have 5 weeks until my due date. I'm eager for her to arrive and I can't wait to meet her! I must admit that I'm over being pregnant and I can't wait to have my body back. My back hurts, my ankles are swollen, I have a lot of pressure and the Braxton Hicks contractions are uncomfortable. I know each pain and uncomfortable moment will be worth it in the end and that's what keeps me going. It's crazy to think that in a few weeks, it will no longer be just the two of us; it will be the three of us! My pregnancy has been great and I really can't complain. I've experienced the typical aches and pains of pregnancy without any complications and for that I am grateful. I hope the next 5 weeks go just as smoothly as the past 35 weeks. We started a prenatal class through the OBGYN's office and it consists of a 4-week crash course in labor and delivery. We will learn the stages of labor and what to expect during delivery. It will be nice to have a general idea of what to expect and how to handle various situations that may arise. I've already made the decision to have an epidural, but it will be beneficial knowing how to relax prior to having the epidural.

I decided to take the day off today because I haven't been feeling very well. I've been so tired and uncomfortable, not to mention that I've had a terrible headache on and off for the past couple of days. A day of rest and relaxation is exactly what I needed. My ankles are swollen today, my headache isn't as bad and I haven't had Braxton Hicks contractions today. I'm going to get through the next 4 weeks at work, but I've come to the conclusion that it's okay to take time to rest and relax. Not feeling well is my body's way of telling me that something isn't right and I need to take it easy. It was difficult reaching that conclusion, but I'm glad I've finally come to terms with it; I have to take care of me and the baby before I can take care of anyone else.

Well kids, that about sums up what's been going on around here. Just preparing for the arrival of the baby and trying to get by... day by day.

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment