Saturday, August 13, 2011

Going the distance

Today I treated myself to a pedicure, which was well deserved after three consecutive days at the gym. I'm hoping to maintain a pretty active gym schedule for the next several months. There's no particular reason why I'm making more of an effort to frequent the gym, I just deserve to feel good. Oh, and I also enjoy the "me time" and with help my trusty iPod, I can block out the world with random tunes for 1-2 hours a day.

I forgot to mention that my last pedicure lasted for F-I-V-E weeks! Without so much as a chip, scratch or lack of shine, I might add. The shellac nail polish has performed better than advertised... the nail salon originally estimated my pedicure would last approximately 3 weeks, but it managed to last 5 weeks. I stubbed my toes, had a toddler drop toys on my feet, swam in our salt water pool and went running. Normal pedicures would have lasted me maybe 1-2 weeks with all this wear and tear, but the Harmony Gelish Gel Polish pedicure lasted 5 weeks. Awesome!

All of this being said, I am officially endorsing Harmony Gelish Gel Polish. Another plus is that it takes less time to dry because it dries under a U/V light for a few minutes. While there are 3-4 steps in applying the product, each coat dries instantly when exposed to U/V light. While my feet were being buffed and rubbed, I smiled to myself, knowing that my polish would be dry before I could even think about messing it up.

Anywho... enough about pampering myself. It's Saturday and it's time for family time. We enjoyed our family trip to the gym this morning and after Bella's nap we're having lunch with Grandma Ruth. I have a feeling it's going to be a great day!

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment