Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fun in the sun

After a complete wash out last weekend, we spent a great deal of time outdoors this weekend. Our activities included swimming in the pool, playing in the backyard and a trip to the beach. It was a wonderfully relaxing and fun weekend. Too bad tomorrow is Monday, but at least it will be a short week.

We went to the gym and ran a few errands on Saturday morning, including a trip to the mall. I needed new nursing bras (TMI, I know) and we wanted to look at deep freezers (for breast milk storage, TMI again). Mission accomplished and we came home with new bras for me and a new freezer for our garage. We ended up eating at Chick-fil-a because Bella was starving by the time we finished all of our shopping. We were home just in time for naps and some household chores. We wrapped up the afternoon with some swimming and play time on the swing set.

This morning we headed to Treasure Island to hang out with some friends who are renting a house for the summer. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and we spent the majority of our time relaxing under the umbrella. We were right by Caddy's and treated ourselves to some drinks (a vodka soda for me) and delicious food. I wish we could spend more time at the beach, especially with friends, and I am very much looking forward to our upcoming vacation in Siesta Key!

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Bella begins preschool tomorrow, so the entire family will be dropping her off in the morning. I have some paperwork, prescriptions and other odds and ends to bring as well. I already have her clothes laid out for tomorrow and we should be ready to roll bright and early. I don't have plans for while Bella is at school, but I may hit the gym or run a few errands, sans Bella.

It's been a busy weekend and this mama is exhausted! Good night y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment