Monday, January 9, 2012

A clean house is a happy house!

Our house is back to it's normal, organized and clean state. This is such a relief for me, because there's nothing I hate more than an unorganized and unclean house. The furniture is dusted, the floors are so clean you could eat off of them and all three of the bathrooms are sanitized. And I am VERY THANKFUL to say that I didn't have to lift a finger to do any of the cleaning! My mother-in-law bought us a Groupon for to have our house cleaned three times. How awesome is that?!?

When it was just Ian and I, we both worked and we shared equal responsibility in chores around the house. We usually did chores on the weekend and our house stayed immaculate for weeks. When we moved, added two dogs and a baby to the mix, keeping up with chores became a bit more difficult. Rather than waste away our weekends cleaning the house, I made time during the week to get the majority of the chores finished during Bella's nap times. We have a pretty big house and cleaning can be a daunting task. Thankfully, Ian often does more than his fair share of chores, which is great. For the past 6 months or so, we've actually hired a housekeeper who comes once or twice a month to deep clean our house it has worked out well. We keep the house neat and tidy and she will come in and do a thorough, deep cleaning of everything. I love it.

The linens on all of the beds are fresh and clean. All of the furniture is polished. The floors are squeaky clean. And all of my bathrooms are spotless. What a great way to start a busy week! Hopefully your Monday was just as great as mine!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment