Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last day in Baltimore

Today is our last day in Baltimore and it is bittersweet. I am eager to get home and to get back to our normal routine, but I am sad to be leaving all of the comforts of my hometown. Ian left bright and early this morning and should be home by midnight tonight. It's been a great trip (despite a few things) and we love spending time up here!

We packed yesterday and I will be traveling very light tomorrow. Ian is taking back the majority of our luggage, oh and Kaiser, too! I have a small carry on bag, the diaper bag, Bella and her car seat. I made it through security in Tampa without any problems and I hope the same goes for tomorrow. Traveling with a toddler by yourself is not an easy task, but by the grace of God, I manage to do it. And add to the equation the fact that I am 25-weeks pregnant and that really makes things interesting. But in my opinion, a 2-hour flight with Bella is much better than a 16-hour drive with Bella. Truth be told, Bella travels well in the car, it's me who despises being in the car for long periods of time.

We made the most of today and enjoyed our last day with Pop. We're going to miss seeing Pop every day, but hopefully he will make a trip to Tampa before baby #2 arrives this spring. Pop has been a gracious host and we are thankful for that. We're especially going to miss all of Pop's home cooking! It's been great not having to make dinner, but still having a delicious, hot meal on the table every night. Maybe Pop can move to Tampa and be our live-in chef? And maybe Dee Dee can move to Tampa (although she hates the weather) and be our live-in maid? I can dream, can't I?!?

Well, I'd better get some sleep. Bella has been asleep since 7:30pm because we have to wake up early tomorrow. I'd better join my sleeping child and catch some z's myself. Nighty night y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment