Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It was a great day, it was a long day...

Today was... is... a difficult day. I'm flying solo, I have a 2.5-year-old, I have a 7-month-old (who is mobile) and we are super busy." Need I say more? There isn't enough wine in the world to numb all the craziness around here, but the girls and I are managing. Sure, Bella and I ate $1.99 Happy Meals from McDonald's for dinner last night AND we ate leftovers for dinner tonight, but can you blame me? I have two children who can get from point A to point B in no time flat. If you're going to judge, then you probably have no idea where I am coming from. Your kids are perfect, you have two nannies and your husband is always around.

My husband is a very important tax professional. He is busy, he works a lot and he travels a lot. When daddy is out of town (a.k.a. OOT) we tend to spend a lot of money time outside of the house. Both of my girls do better when we are busy and out and about. After CeCe Rose and I dropped Bella off at school today, we headed to Target and spent daddy's hard earned money (on necessities of course, plus the extras).

When CeCe Rose and I went to pick Bella up from school, I spent some more of daddy's money on ADORABLE pictures of Miss Isabella Eve. Apparently the photographers the school hired were able to obtain ADORABLE pictures of my precocious toddler. When I say adorable, I MEAN adorable. In pictures, the child has not smiled in months, but she smiled in these damned pictures, bless her little heart.

It's nearly 8:30pm and Bella is still going strong... or so she thinks. The poor child looks exhausted and I am utterly exhausted. CeCe Rose has been asleep since almost 7:45 and I'm hoping Bella and I will be in bed soon, too. Bella keeps asking me to sleep in her bed and as much as I'd like to oblige her request, I will refrain from doing so because she is a creature of habit. Perhaps I can talk her into a lullaby and a back rub. She has been fighting bed time recently, probably because Pop has been in town and daddy is now out of town.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so Bella and I should probably get to bed. Early to bed, early to rise.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment