Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

When I woke up this morning, I made a mental note for myself to water the plants in the front yard before the sun was at it's peak. I went into the garage, found the watering can and filled it up. As I was watering the plants, I was quickly reminded of the family of birds who have taken up residency in one of our trees in the front yard. I could hear the baby birds chirping and caught a few glimpses of the mama bird. She flew in and out of the tree, as if she was warning me that I was too close to the nest. I have watched Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds" and I consider myself a sensible person, so I quickly finished watering the plans and ran for my life. No sooner did I finish watering the plants that good old mother nature reminded me that she calls the shots... and it began to rain. Okay, it poured. It just goes to show that whenever I water my outdoor plants, it will always rain. Forget weather forecasts and all the scientific mumbo jumbo, if I water my plants, it will rain.


The rain did assist in a marathon nap for Bella in the morning. The child slept for 3.5 hours! Despite multiple losses of electricity, Bella's trusty white noise machine remained on and she slept... and slept... and slept. She slept though play group and she almost slept through lunch. Luckily we were able to meet up with a few friends for lunch and run a few errands before her afternoon nap. As exhausted as she was after running around all afternoon, she fought her afternoon nap, but has since surrendered to the sand man.


Bella has not been her usual, happy self the last few days. She has been fussier than usual and quite clingy. During her 10-month photo session yesterday, she screamed and cried... the entire time! She has never done this at a photo session and it was a really awful experience for Bella, myself and the photographer. She managed to crack a few smiles in between her bouts of crying, so I was able to select a few good pictures to purchase. We will be going back sometime this month and hopefully Bella will be her cute, jolly self. I think she may be teething, so I'll give her a mulligan for the time being.


I'm hoping it will rain again tonight so that I won't have to water my plants in the morning... wishful thinking, I suppose.


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment