Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Poor little Bella... it seems as if she is falling apart. First the petechiae, then the HFM disease and now a cold? This poor child can't seem to catch a break! You would think with all these nasty illnesses, she'd be enrolled in daycare, but she's not. I have stayed at home with her since day one and will continue to stay at home with her until all the Lasher children are in school. It's a blessing to be able to stay at home with Bella and I cannot imagine having to balance a full-time career and motherhood. Working part-time from home and raising Bella keeps me more than busy.


Being a stay-at-home-mom is like being a jack-of-all-trades because today I have been: mom, nurse, entertainer, chef and maid (just to name a few). But actually staying AT home with an 11-month-old can lead to boredom for both Bella and me. We do not wish to spread the love of all these fun childhood illnesses, so we are opting to remain at home until Bella is feeling better. Today, I have pulled out every toy, every book in an attempt to keep Bella entertained. Until today, I forgot how much fun building with blocks can be... until I was building with blocks and Bella crawled over, giggled and proceeded to knock over my tower of blocks. 


Since October, we've had a babysitter, Miss Lauren, come to the house once a week for a few hours. I typically use this free time to catch up on housework or run errands without Bella in tow. Miss Lauren was the first babysitter we interviewed and she met every single one of our needs. She is a very loving and caring babysitter and I can tell that she genuinely cares about Bella. Unfortunately, Miss Lauren will be moving back to Cincinnati in a few weeks. We are really going to miss her and it's going to be difficult to replace her. She has earned our trust and that's not an easy task. Hopefully we can find a suitable replacement, who we can trust and who will care about Bella as much as Miss Lauren does. Hurry back to Tampa, Miss Lauren!


It's been a long day and it's going to be a long night for Ian, as he has some work to do. Luckily he is working from home, so we were able to eat dinner as a family and put Bella to bed. Busy season is no fun for Ian, Bella or me. This too shall pass, but in the meantime, we're all working hard around the Lasher house. Speaking of working, even little Bella is still awake. She is trying to battle the sandman and I can hear her on the monitor. Hopefully she falls asleep soon and is able to have a good night of sleep. She needs all the rest she can get these days, let's just hope she feels the same way I do. 


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment