Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fantasy Football Woes

I'll preface this by saying that I am not a diehard football fan, although I do LOVE the Baltimore Ravens and I'm pretty into my fantasy football team. But, I haven't always had a football team to root for and I'm relatively new to fantasy football (this being my 4th season). Before we had Bella, we used to go out and watch the games, but now we just sit at home and watch the NFL Redzone on Sunday afternoons. Some women might find it boring, but I enjoy it. I get to spend time with my family, I get to relax and I can do all this from the comfort of my family room. 


About 20 minutes before the 1pm games were to begin, I was frantically researching several of my players on my fantasy football team. Three (yes, THREE) of my best players were listed as questionable, which in fantasy football jargon is not a good thing. I was looking at espn.com, yahoosports.com and watching pre-game shows in order to figure out what to do. With only moments to spare and after consulting various sources (including my husband) I decided to sit out TWO of my questionable players. 


Right before the 1pm games, Santonio Holmes was listed as active for the Jets and would be starting in today's game. Okay, great... add him to my starting line up. Too bad he was a one-hit wonder today and only got one touchdown. He should have sat out today and waited until next week to actually have a decent game. His team had a stellar game and I think he was just resting, but come on! Mama needs some points! I know, I know... I shouldn't complain, but I'm so competitive when it comes to fantasy football. 


I benched Hakeem Nicks of the Giants because I couldn't bank on not starting someone on Sunday. Stupid Monday Night Football! Why couldn't Nicks amend his status prior to the 1pm games today? Sources say that he "thinks he's going to play" but what the hell is that supposed to mean? I mean geez, I think I'm going to win the lottery when I buy a lottery ticket, but it's no guaranteed that I will win (and no, I don't really play the lottery). I need more confirmation than he "thinks he's going to play." He's not a doctor, he's a football player. Have fun sitting on my bench buddy... and your happy butt better be sitting on the Giants' bench tomorrow night, too.


I also benched Steven Jackson of the Rams for the same exact reason I benched Nicks. Although Jackson never commented as to whether or he "thinks he's going to play", there was very little information as to whether or not he would play. Gee thanks for the lack of information. Jackson better be playing "Words with Friends" with Nicks while sitting his happy butt on the Rams' bench. 


Not to mention my opponent for the week is have an AWESOME week. I'm not joking when I say that my friend Kat is crushing it this week. She has Adrian Peterson, who played against the Bucs today... need I say more? Peterson alone is a rock star running back and playing against the Bucs is like child's play for him. It was really sad to watch the points roll in for Peterson. And, to make matters worse, the Bucs squeaked out a win. She also has Fred Jackson who blew up this week. I almost cried.  


And to top it all off, the Ravens failed to show up today. They lost an ugly game of football and the NFL Redzone didn't even have much coverage because the game was so boring. I hate it when my team loses and I especially hate it when my fantasy football team loses. It was a terrible week of football (in my opinion). As I'm typing, we're watching the Sunday night game and Michael Vick (my QB) has turned the ball over two three times and DeSean Jackson might be injured. And to add insult t injury, Tony Gonzalez (who is sitting on my bench because he's usually so-so) has TWO TOUCHDOWNS! Are you kidding me?!? Great... grand... wonderful. Oh well, there's always next week!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment