Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Doesn't it seem a little ironic that one would have to work on Labor Day? Apparently not in the world of public accounting! Ian went into the office today because of a looming deadline and tons of work to do. Being a widow during business season comes with the territory, but I keep reminding myself, it'll be over soon enough. Luckily, Ian gets to take advantage of the two days worth of holidays and can use the two days as floating holidays. November cannot get here quick enough! We're planning a stay-cation and we're looking forward to well deserved rest and relaxation. 


It's been awhile since it's just been Bella and me at home, but we didn't miss a beat. We watched "The Wiggles" in the morning and played with every, single toy in the family room. I guess Bella missed her toys and is making up for lost time. Oh, and this child LOVES to climb and I HATE that she loves it so much. She'll climb up on the couch, pester the dogs for a few minutes and climb back down. She'll climb OVER her cruise-and-crawl jungle, rather than walk around it. And, she'll climb on her activity table, rather than play with it. I see a jungle gym in our future and possibly some Gymboree. 


We ran a few errands after Bella's morning nap and I forgot how hot it can be in Florida. I was really enjoying the cool, breezy weather in Maryland and I cannot wait for cooler weather to arrive. Although it's September, it's still about 90 degrees here during the day. It's not nearly as humid, which is nice, but I could really use some fall-like weather. Disney World, the zoo and Busch Gardens will be much more enjoyable in cooler weather. 


Well, that's all I have to say for today. We're off to meet some friends for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Sabor a Mexico... yum. Happy Labor Day! Or if you're Ian, just another ordinary day! =)


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment