Thursday, September 15, 2011

Play Date Thursdays

After almost an entire month of having to miss our weekly play dates, I am thankful to say that Bella and I are officially back in the play date circuit! Play dates are beneficial not only for the little ones, but also for us moms. The kids play together, we all eat lunch and catch up on girl talk. The group of friends I have are a very laid back group and play dates are usually a very relaxing thing. 


Last week we headed to my friend Sara's house in Apollo Beach so that Bella could play with her friends. Sara's son, Logan, is actually the youngest little one in the group. Most of the kids were born in March-May 2010, with the exception of Lily who was born in January 2010 and Logan who was born in July 2010. The kids generally all get along, despite some recent issues with hair pulling, biting and hitting. I am happy to admit that Bella has not been one of the aggressors... thank goodness! 


Today, Bella and I hosted a play date at our house. We made lunch for our friends... some yummy pasta with pesto sauce and garlic bread. Bella spent the afternoon playing with her friends and I spent the afternoon talking with my friends. The girls and kids stayed until almost 3pm, until meltdowns began and nap time was upon us. Next week we head to Fishhawk for a play date with Amanda and Layla.


After the crazy week I've had with Bella, this play date was definitely needed. As I've mentioned in previous posts, Bella has been testing her limits recently and it's been testing my patience! She has been whining instead of using her words, which really plucks my nerves. She has also been quite defiant and often refuses to follow directions. I know it's just a phase and she's coming into her own, but I am so ready to have my sweet and obedient Bella back! 


Well, it's been a long day and Ian is actually home at a decent hour. He went into the office today due to the fact that it would be impossible to work from home with 6 toddlers running around. I'm glad he's home and Bella is definitely glad to have him home.  He said he has 3-4 hours of work ahead of him tonight, but at least he is here! I was planning on serving leftovers, but Ian surprised us with dinner from the Acropolis. Yum!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment