Thursday, October 20, 2011

2nd Trimester... time to start planning!

I've reached the 2nd trimester (woo hoo!) and the weeks seem to be flying by. I'm beginning to feel so much better and I hope this feeling continues! For me, the 2nd trimester goes by the quickest. When I was pregnant with Bella, I felt great and I accomplished so much during this time. That being said, my nesting instincts are kicking in and I'm beginning to plan. 


We don't know whether or not Bella will have a little brother or a little sister just yet, but we will hopefully know in less than 4-weeks. We've opted to have an elective ultrasound at Meet the Baby once I'm 18-weeks. I know, we could wait 2 more weeks and simply find out the gender at the 20-week anatomy scan, but what's the fun in that? I've never been a patient person, but more importantly, my dad will be in down for 10-days in November and I'd like to have the new nursery painted while he's here. And so the planning begins...


We ordered the furniture and most of it has been delivered. It was on sale, so we couldn't resist. The furniture really sets the tone for the room. I momentarily considered white furniture, but opted for classic cherry furniture. In fact, the only difference between Bella's furniture and the new furniture is the finish and the dresser. Bella's furniture is chestnut and she has an armoire. The new nursery furniture is cherry and will have a dresser. We purchased a 4-in-1 crib, so the cribs will convert from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a day bed and to a full size bed. I love the fact that we purchased such great furniture and it can grow with the kids. 


I've even begun to narrow down the bedding options. If Baby #2 is a girl, I'm partial to the Scarlett bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. If Baby #2 is a boy, I'm partial to the Bradley bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. Either bedding will go with the cherry furniture and can be used for the toddler years. In fact, it kind of makes me want to re-do Bella's room, but I think we'll cross that bridge once we transition her into a toddler bed (and we are by no means ready for this). I love PBK and all the super cute stuff they make for kids. 


I just need to figure out what color to paint the new nursery, which will be decided once the gender is determined. I'm thinking a cream or khaki for a little girl's to set a neutral background for the dark furniture and pink bedding. And I'm thinking a light blue or khaki for a little boy's room would work well with the bedding I'm considering. Either way, the room isn't going to be painted a bold color, like Bella's room. I think a more neutral color palette will accent the dark cherry furniture and light, neutral bedding with either pink or blue accents will look adorable. 


Oh, all this planning gets me so excited about my pregnancy. Nesting is so much fun and I can't wait to really get started. Only 25.5 weeks to go! Oh wow... time is really starting to fly! By the way, I was discussing baby names with some girl friends today, but we have absolutely no idea what we're going to name this baby! We definitely have some wonderful options, but we haven't narrowed our list down to any less than 20 or so names per gender. All of this planning really makes me excited to meet Baby #2!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment