Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!

It's Sunday, but for once, it actually doesn't feel like the end of the weekend! Knowing that Ian is on vacation for the next 2-weeks makes it feel like a super long weekend. There will be plenty of family time and plenty of fun. We have a few things planned, but for the most part, we will be taking it day by day.

This weekend was a busy weekend for us. We joined our friends/neighbors to celebrate their daughter Reese's 2nd birthday. It was a "Yo Gabba Gabba" themed party, complete with a Foofa cake and boom box party favors. Bella had a great time playing with Reese and Aidynn (as usual) and the adults enjoyed conversing while the kids played. It's awesome taking your kid to a friend's house where you know you can let down your guard a little and actually enjoy yourself. Bella plays well with most children, but seems to really get along with Reese and Aidynn. We gave Reese a kid's laptop by V-Tech that she LOVES to play with at our house. When she comes over, she will seriously play with Bella's laptop for 30-45 minutes. The gift was two-fold, in that I knew Reese's parents would appreciate the toy just as much as Reese!

We went to the mall in an attempt to run a few errands, but failed miserably. I forgot my coupons and the leggings I needed to return. We walked around and looked at some maternity cloths (yuck!) for me. I didn't end up getting anything because I thought everything looked hideous and screamed, "I'm pregnant!" I think I'll stick to wearing dresses and the maternity clothes I saved from when I was pregnant with Bella. I hate being so particular, but for something I'm only going to wear for such a short period, it needs to be really cute. We also grabbed dinner at the mall and returned home just in time for our bath, book and bed routine with Bella.

Speaking of pregnancy brain... it has really gotten the best of me, especially recently. I seem to forget everything these days and unless I write it down immediately, I've usually forgotten it within 10-minutes. For example, I thought Bella had her follow-up appointment with the allergist this Tuesday, but learned that her appointment was not until December 1st. Oops! I walk to the kitchen to get a drink of water and often forget what I went into the kitchen for. Duh! Like I mentioned above, we went to the mall yesterday for two specific reasons and I ended up not being able to do either because I had forgotten my coupons and the item I needed to return. And to think, pregnancy brain will be carried over into mommy brain once baby #2 arrives. I think I've forgotten what it's like to remember things! Some day I will have my brain back... just not any time soon.

I have my 16-week appointment with the OB tomorrow. I can't believe I'm almost half-way through this pregnancy. And if this baby knows what's good for him/her, he/she would arrive a week or two early, like Bella. Bella made her debut at 38-weeks and I wouldn't mind if this baby made his/her debut at 38-weeks either. I would be lying if I said it has flown by and been an absolute breeze, because it surely hasn't. The nausea and vomiting still plague me every so often and I'm still waiting for my energy to return. I remember feeling absolutely amazing during the 2nd trimester with Bella! This pregnancy has been so different than my first. I almost wish I didn't have expectations of how I should be feeling. But for what it's worth, I'm so excited to be expecting baby #2 and cannot wait to meet this little dude or dudette.

Well, today has been relaxing and filled with lots of football. By the grace of God, the Ravens managed to win after recovering from a 24-3 deficit. Have I mentioned how much I love the NFL Redzone on Verizon Fios?!? It is awesome! We enjoyed spending time and watching football with our dear friends, Paul and Lisa, today. What a nice way to wind down a busy weekend!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment