Saturday, April 21, 2012

Life with two

We're only 11-days in, but I'm happy to report that life with two kids is great. I know we're still in the honeymoon phase but I'm really enjoying having a newborn and a toddler. My newborn is super cute and totally dependent and my toddler is super cute and totally independent. My point is, it's fun to see the two vastly different stages of childhood right before my very eyes.

Don't get me wrong, life is hectic and we're exhausted, but having two beautiful daughters is worth all the chaos and lack of sleep. CeCe is a great little sleeper but I'm still getting up to nurse or pump at least once every night. Speaking of nursing, it's going rather well. We're both getting the hang of it and CeCe appears to be gaining weight, so I'd say we're succeeding! And pumping means Ian can feed her, too, which is a big help. I've built up quite a little stash, can you say MNO?!?

Ian has been working off and on this week. He went into the office two days this week, but arrived home by 4pm to lift Bella out of her crib (as I'm not supposed to lift anything above 10lbs). And the days he went into the office the baby sitter was here or Grandma Ruth came over to lend a helping hand. When outside help comes over, they are put on Bella duty. That leaves me plenty of time to spend with my sweet CeCe Rose.

I even ventured out of the house with both kids yesterday. With some coaxing from some friends, we met our play group at a local park for some outdoor fun. It went surprisingly well and both kids slept the entire afternoon, what more could a mom ask for? Thank goodness for my Sleepy Wrap, which allowed me to have two free hands while I carried CeCe around, otherwise our outing would have been a disaster!

And no one warned me about the massive amounts of laundry I'd be faced with. OMG, the laundry situation is out of control! Bella sometimes goes through two outfits a day and CeCe sometimes goes through two or three outfits a day. Not to mention the blankets, lovies and all the other articles that need to be washed. I've been doing laundry on an almost daily basis, just for the girls. I am beyond behind on my own laundry, but that will have to wait.

Life with two has been a lot of work, but it has been a lot of fun, too. I know we will have our good days and bad days, but for now, I will cherish the good days.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia





No comments:

Post a Comment