Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pregnant and miserable

I'm in a HUGE blogging slump. I've had quite a bit to blog about, but I haven't the time or energy to do so. The past week has been a hectic week, to say the least.

Monday night I was up for half of the night with contractions. The contractions weren't strong and they were somewhat irregular. I was having contractions about every 7-10 minutes, which aren't frequent enough to warrant a visit to labor and delivery. I was awake for about 4-hours and eventually went back to sleep, once the contractions subsided. I wasn't "impressed" with the contractions and I figured I would mention it to the OB at our weekly appointment later that day.

At the OB appointment, I received some surprising news... I was 4cm dilated! Woo-hoo! Not that being dilated means much at all, when contractions aren't regular. I did begin to contract at the OB's office, but neither of us seemed concerned about it. Although I'm scheduled to be induced on the 11th, the OB didn't think I'd make it to my induction date. I'm optimistic that I will go into labor on my own, but when exactly remains unknown.

We went to lunch after my OB appointment and I was absolutely miserable. I was feeling crampy and having contractions. We quickly ate and headed home so I could rest. When we got home I used the restroom and noticed blood in the toilet (TMI - sorry) which is how I figured out my water broke with Bella. I thought it was go time so we made arrangements for Bella and headed to the hospital. Unfortunately our trip was in vain because my contractions were still 8-10 minutes apart, weak and I was still only 4cm dilated. Needless to say, I was sent home. Bummer. My mom made arrangements to fly down on Wednesday in case this baby decides to make her debut early. Even if she doesn't arrive before the induction date, it'll be nice to have an extra set of hands around to help with Bella.

That was on Tuesday and here we are on Saturday... still waiting. And yes, I realize at this point baby #2 would still be early and she will be here before her actual due date, but still, I am so ready to meet her! I delivered Bella 11 prior to her due date and I have surpassed that with baby #2, as I am now 10-days away from my due date. Luckily (I guess) I am only 4-days away from my induction date, so if anything, we will be meeting this little sometime this week. I'd prefer to go into labor on my own, but it appears my body is taking a break from laboring. So in the meantime, I am trying to make the best of being enormously pregnant (if that's even possible).

Some women love being pregnant and I am proud to say that I am NOT one of them! Pregnancy is exhausting and can be down right miserable at times, but the end result is well worth all the blood, sweat and tears. I am very fortunate to be pregnant with my second child and I do not take that for granted. But, I sure do not like being pregnant, let alone this pregnant.

Well, I'd better get back to being miserable and uncomfortable. Hopefully I'll have more exciting news within the next few days... fingers (and toes) crossed!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment