Sunday, May 6, 2012

Great Weekend!!


We had an absolutely amazing weekend! We were busy, but all four of us were out and about, together as a family. I was sad to see the weekend end, but we had a lot of fun and made a lot of memories.

On Saturday, we attended a birthday party for Bella's friend, Bradon at Art Monkey in Fishhawk. I was weary about taking my 2-year-old to a ceramic studio, but Bella did exceptionally well! She painted her little plate, with Ian's help and I can't wait to see how it turns out once it is fired in kiln. My friend Michelle will be picking up the plates later this week and I'm super excited to see it. The birthday party ended with some time in fountains at park square. Bella loved running around with her little friends and was exhausted by the time we left. I took some pictures of the party, but the pictures are on Ian's phone, so I'll have to wait to upload them.

Today we headed out to good, old Plant City to the Keel & Curley Winery. I know, I know... heading to a winery with your two young children sounds a bit absurd, but it was during the blueberry festival so there was a ton of kid-friendly stuff to do. We went with our friends the Pelusos and the Meekers. It was our first group outing since the Pelusos and the Meekers joined the kids club this past winter. For the past two years, we have been the only ones with a kid, so we've missed out on some social outings. But today, it felt like old times! We purchased some bottles of wine, sat on the covered deck and relaxed all afternoon. All four of the kids were absolute angels, including Bella. I was very pleased with Bella's behavior and made sure she knew how proud I was of her. She sat with Ian and enjoyed food, played with her toys and even took a turn in the bounce house. I was expecting at least one major meltdown and we had none!

We all took naps this afternoon, except for Ian, who mowed the lawn and watched baseball. The girls and I napped up until about dinner time and woke up refreshed. We enjoyed pizza for dinner, watched a movie as a family and put the girls to bed. It was a great way to wrap up the weekend. I love weekends like these... busy but fun. This week is going to be busy, as Pop arrives tomorrow, we have a full slate of social outings and Ian will be out of town for a few days. Hopefully I can nap during the girls' nap time, otherwise I'm not going to make it through the week!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment