Monday, May 21, 2012

Just another manic Monday

It's Monday morning, yet again and so begins another week. Ian will be traveling this week, so it'll be just the three of us. The weeks when Ian travels makes for a long week because I'm on the clock 24-7. Luckily this is a short trip and Ian will only be gone for two nights, but those will be two long nights and two early mornings.

Ian's travel has increased a bit recently and while I may not like it, it's a necessary evil. It's part of the job and we both have to accept it. I think Ian actually enjoys traveling because it gives him a night or two to schmooze with clients and sleep in a nice quiet hotel room. I must admit, I envy his business trips because everything is pretty much taken care of for him: his transportation, his food, his schedule and his lodging. Meanwhile, I'm left at home to hold down the fort. Since CeCe was born, Ian has traveled twice for work and attended a two-day conference. I know it could be much worse, but I would love to have a husband who works a 9-5 job and never has to travel... but then again, if that were the case, I probably wouldn't have the luxury of staying at home with my girls.

Grandma Ruth will be helping out this week and I'm very much looking forward to that. We are very fortunate to have family close by and we are very fortunate to have family who loves to help out. I'm not one to ask for help and I've even turned down help in the past. Looking back, that was extremely foolish of me. Over the past few months, I've learned that asking for help or accepting help is okay. It doesn't make me weak or insufficient, it makes me human! It really does take a village to raise a child.

And please don't take this post as me complaining about Ian, his job or my children. It's just that being a stay-at-home-mom is the most difficult job I've ever had. The days are long and the task of raising children can daunting. I'm charged with the greatest responsibility of all: raising my girls to be loving, kind and compassionate human beings. To do this, I must set a constant example (even when I don't want to) and it's often exhausting.  Not to mention all the day-to-day tasks of providing food, clothing and shelter! I know that all of my hard work, along with all of Ian's hard work will pay off. We've already seen the fruits of our labor when Bella says, "I love you" or uses "please" and "thank you." These little words mean so much, especially when they come from such a tiny little person.

We're all still in our pajamas and it's nearly 10am. I'd better get everyone dressed and ready to go, I think a trip to the park is in our future. Hanging around the house is relaxing, but boring. Getting out of the house makes for happy children and a happy mama. And this mama could use the assistance of some caffeine to get motivated, so I think an ice, cold Coke is in my future! Happy Monday, y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia


No comments:

Post a Comment