Monday, February 28, 2011

We're Famous!



I have been trying to get more into keeping up with our blog, but I keep making excuses for why I can't. I will admit that it's difficult finding free time these days, but if this blog is important enough to me, I should be able to find a few moments each day to post something. 

This weekend we celebrated Grandma Ruth's birthday by going to Buca di Beppo. Our last time at a family style restaurant with Ian's family did not go very well, so I was very hesitant to go to Buca di Beppo, but it turned out to be a fun evening out. Bella was the center of attention and enjoyed the attention she received from patrons and waitresses. Bella was not having her pureed pasta and chicken meal, so we shared our chicken parmigiana and pasta with her... and she LOVED it! She also used her sippy cup to drink her formula and finished the entire sippy cup. What a big girl! 

Grandma Ruth spent the night and watched Bella so Ian and I could get some chores completed around the house. We power washed the lanai and the front of the house. We also trimmed the hedges and pulled out some plants that did not make it through winter. Let me just say... power washing is awesome! I love seeing the results and I love not having to use harsh chemicals to get rid of dirt and grim. We began power washing the driveway, but stopped about a quarter into the project because it would have taken all day. It's amazing how dirty our driveway and I cannot wait to finish the project. We also finished cleaning the interior of our house and it feels great starting the week with such a clean house!

Last night we had some new friends over for dinner, James, Jodi and their two adorable (and well behaved) children. Ian and James work together and Jodi and I have been getting to know each other via email. They just moved to Florida and they live in the same community as our friends Paul and Lisa. They seem to really like the house and neighborhood, but I don't think they're very fond of the weather. Who doesn't love 85 degree weather in February?!? Okay, okay... I kid, I kid! Anyway... they're both really nice people and their children are super cute. Their daughter is almost 3 years-old and their son is 9 months-old, so Bella got on very well with them. I think the the favorite toy(s) of the evening (for the babies) were James' shoes. It was funny watching the two little ones untie James' shoe, over and over again. Jodi is working on her master's degree, works from home, raises two kids and blogs. She blogs DAILY and she is the reason I have resolved to keep up with my blog. We actually made it into her blog (only good things)! Woo-hoo, we're famous! 

This week Bella and I have a few things on the agenda. I need to take Bella to get her 10-month photos done, we have a huge consignment sale to attend, we have a play date in Tampa to attend and of course her twice a week physical therapy appointments. I'm sure there are a few other things I'm forgetting, but these are the ones I can remember. I'm fairly tired this morning because Bella woke up several times last night and of course my insomnia joined the party. I was awake from 3:30am-5:00am, which was not fun, but thankfully, I managed to fall back to sleep for a few hours. We let Bella cry-it-out last night because this is the method we have been using since our return from Baltimore in January. We obviously ensure all of her needs have been met (i.e. hunger/diaper/pain) and if all these needs have been met, we then  allow her to self soothe. She never cries for more than 10-15 minutes and it works for us. 

Well even though we have a clean house... I have a TON of laundry to do. The early bird gets the worm... or her laundry finished, so I'd better get to it! 

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment