Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sesame Street Live!

It's Big Bird's journey to Ernie!
Sitting like a big girl in her own seat.
My friend Sara runs the local Macaroni Kid website and hooked us up with free tickets to Sesame Street Live! at the St. Pete Times Forum. When she asked me the other week if we were interested in going, I jumped at the chance because Bella loves Elmo (a.k.a. Aldo) and enjoys the little Sesame Street show at Busch Gardens. 

Little did I know that Bella woke up on the wrong side of the crib this morning... so before we even left the house, I knew I had an irritable toddler on my hands. She whined and cried while getting dressed... while eating breakfast... and while walking to Sara's house. I thought her crabbiness would subside once we got to the show, but I was mistaken. All she wanted to do was climb the stairs or run down the row, which is a terrible idea. She tripped and fell several times, which caused me to remove her from the show. Rather than watching Elmo and his friends, Bella and I roamed the hallways. At one point, I attempted to sit her down to watch more of the show, but this caused Bella to become more upset and caused me to have a break down.

I rarely cry or lose my cool, but after being head butted twice I put Bella down, looked over at my friend Sara and cried. I then started to laugh because I felt so silly crying and asked her, "I don't know why I'm crying right now"to which she replied, "because you're pregnant and your hormones are out of whack." Silly hormones strike again! Thank goodness I have a sympathetic and understanding friend, who understands what it is like to have an unruly toddler. I managed to get a few pictures while at the show, but the lack of smiles were no surprise. But for what it's worth, Bella enjoyed at least part of the show. When she wasn't whining or crying, she was dancing and laughing. Her little dance moves and giggles made up for the bad stuff. The whining and crying continued after she woke up from her 3-hour nap and lasted until she went to bed tonight. Bummer. 

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is a better day and that Bella wakes up on the right side of the crib. We have a busy day of appointments and our weekly play date. Bella has a follow up appointment with the allergist, which figures because she has a terrible eczema outbreak right now. I have my 20-week appointment with the OB, despite not having my 20-week anatomy scan until Friday. We're meeting our friends at a local park after our appointments for some much needed play time. 

I have a sleeping child and I really need to recoup from this stressful day, so I'm going to take advantage and hit the hay myself. Nighty night y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment