Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Remembering Ann Reese

I logged onto Facebook this morning to catch up with everything I had missed last night, and was astounded by the terrible news I read: a friend had lost her beautiful, 3-year-old daughter in a tragic accident on Christmas Eve. I broke down and wept.

I met Amy through her business, Barefoot Designs, almost 2 years ago. Amy and I had daughters around the same age, not to mention the same size! I often joked with her that my orders would be putting Ann Reese through college. Amy returned to work about this time last year, as a teacher. I was disappointed that her shop would be closed, but looked forward to ordering from her again over the summer.

I joined the Facebook page set up in Ann Reese's memory today. And when I tell you she was a beautiful child, she was an absolutely beautiful child! Amy often used her as her model for new outfits because she is gorgeous! Seeing the outpouring of friends and family really tugged at my heart strings. This sweet toddler is so loved and so is her sweet family. It also made me stop and think about my two girls. Accidents can happen in a split second, after all, that's why they are called accidents.

Amy, Dave, Ann Reese and sweet baby girl Grote, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Ann Reese is in Heaven now, looking over you all. I bet she cannot wait to see her little sister!

If you have a moment, please check out Ann Reese's Facebook page and say a little prayer for her and her family. Thinking of all of you, during this very difficult time. Remembering Ann Reese.

And you better believe that I will be loving on my girls a little extra today, because tomorrow isn't promised and neither is today.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment