Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fall is Finally Here!

After many weeks of above average temperatures in Florida, we are finally experiencing fall-like weather! I am quite relieved because I honestly didn't know how I was going to survive Thanksgiving with 90 degree weather. It's Florida, so obviously the weather is expected to be warm, but 90+ degree weather in October was ridiculous. Yesterday was a beautiful day and today looks like it is going to be another beautiful day.

Today we will be traveling to Ellenton to do a little shopping at the outlets. I'm hoping to pick up a few Christmas presents, some maternity clothes and perhaps something for the little one. As of now, we haven't really bought anything for the baby, unless you count the storage/organizers we've purchased to assist us in better organizing the garage. With the exception of the two closets in the master bedroom, I want the three remaining bedroom closets to be EMPTY! The goal is to have this accomplished by the end of the year, maybe sooner. I know that additional shopping may hinder the process, but oh well!

Tomorrow we will be cleaning and taking care of other household chores that need to be finished. While we were at Home Depot last night, we also purchased a new lighting fixture for above the kitchen table. We still have the builder fixture and I have never cared for the fixture. I'm hoping we can quickly and easily change out the old fixture tomorrow, too. We'll be having house guests this week, as my mom and her friend, Harlene, will be coming down to visit with us for a few days. They arrive Thursday evening and leave on Monday. I'm excited to see my mom and Harlene and hope this weekend is as fun as I'm anticipating.

Oh! I forgot to update the results of Doxapalooza 2009! Kaiser is the 2009 Doxapalooza Kissing Contest Champion and Riley is the 2009 Doxapalooza Senior Wiener Race Champion. Kaiser won his event with over 100 licks and Riley out ran 4 other senior wieners. I have a few pictures that I will post, once I figure out how to post pictures. It was a fun day and the boys enjoyed being around all the other Dachshunds.

Well, I'd better get going and head down to the outlets. Happy Saturday everyone!

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment