Friday, November 6, 2009

Welcome to Our Blog!

After careful consideration, I have decided to create a blog to assist us in keeping up with the story of us. I have attempted to blog in the past and have failed miserably. I often forget about writing updates or simply forget my log-in information. My intentions are to update this blog on at least a weekly basis, but we'll see how successful I am at updating. I'm also hoping that Ian will participate in blogging.  

Our lives have merged into one. We are married and creating a life together. Of course we’re still two independent people, it’s just that now we have a common purpose. Although we’ve only been married for a little over a year, it seems like longer. I think back to our lives two years ago and we were such different people. Back then, we went out all the time, spent the majority of our weekends at bars and spent a lot of money on useless things. Now, we live in the suburbs, spend a lot of time at home and have become quite frugal. I’m happy with how we’ve changed because I feel like we’ve changed for the better. Here’s to hoping that we continue on the right path…

Speaking of changes… we’re expecting our first child! We are thrilled and cannot wait to meet this little one. I’m about 18 weeks along and I honestly cannot complain about the pregnancy thus far. The constant nausea plagues me throughout the week, but I’ve learned to cope with it. I’m still fairly early in my pregnancy, so I’m hoping the next 22 weeks are as good as the past 18 weeks. We find out on 11/20/09 if we’ll have a little boy or a little girl. Ian seems to think that we’re having a boy and I think that we’re having a girl. We’re excited to find out what we’re having and I’m excited to finally go shopping!





Well, there you have it folks… our first blog entry! Like I mentioned before, I’m going to attempt to keep up with this blog so that friends near and far can know what’s going on with the Lashers.

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment