Friday, November 20, 2009

It's a... ???

This morning, as I sit here and type, I feeling a wide array of emotions. I'm excited, anxious, nervous, happy, thankful and probably 10 other emotions. Why am I feeling this way? Today, at 3:00pm will be our 20 week ultrasound!!! Hopefully by 4:00pm today, we will know the gender of the newest member of our family! 

Let me also set the record straight by saying that I'm not nervous and anxious because I want a boy versus a girl, or vice versa. I'm nervous because the anatomy ultrasound will allow the OBGYN to look for any abnormalities. We have no reason to believe that anything could be wrong, but the thought still crosses our minds. Thus far the ultrasounds and fetal doppler readings have been normal, it's just the anticipation of seeing our baby! We haven't had an ultrasound since September, so we're anxious to see the baby and how he/she has grown since about 8 weeks ago. 

As for gender... we don't have a preference. We're just excited to be having a baby and we'll take a healthy boy or a healthy girl. I've heard that some women have intuition as to what their baby's gender was, but I haven't experienced the same feeling. I'm really going to be surprised today and I'm really looking forward to finding out. Ian has been looking forward to finding out the gender since learning that I was pregnant. The first question he ever asked the OBGYN was regarding when we could find out the gender. 

That's all for now folks... I'll post the big gender reveal this afternoon! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and please provide us with plenty of well wishes today!

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment