Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Babysitter Appreciation

I have mentioned in several postings, just how FABULOUS our babysitter is. She demonstrated her fabulosity once again today and I am so grateful for her help. Not only did she watch Bella for 5-hours, but she cleaned my house (without me having to ask)! Jessica is great Bella, cleans a mean house and treats us with the utmost respect. We LOVE her!

While Bella was at home with Jessica, I made an appointment to get a facial. Skin care is something I don't really up with and I typically use a generic facial cleanser in the shower. Today's facial brought a renewed sense of just how important skin care is. The facial was wonderful, my face finally had that pregnancy glow (if only for a few hours) and I made another appointment a little closer to my due date. I almost fell asleep during the treatment, that's how relaxed I was. Luckily the esthetician recommended a very basic facial cleanser, that could actually be purchased at Walmart. My skin usually behaves during pregnancy, which is nice, considering all the crazy hormones.

I ran to Walmart to pick up a few "hospital bag" and post-partum items. I'm not one to bring much with me to the hospital, because I'll just end up having to take it all home with me. I purchased a few toiletry items and a few new pairs of pajamas because that's what I intend on wearing around the house for the first week or so. I also picked up a few goodies for Bella's Easter basket. Going to Walmart (or any store for that matter) by myself is always such a treat. I can take my time browsing and not have to worry about time constraints. Unfortunately, pregnancy makes it difficult to walk around for long periods of time so my browsing is almost always cut short by a trip to the restroom.

When I returned home, Bella and Jessica were playing in the family room. Jessica had turned on music and the two of them were dancing around. Bella was giggling and having a blast. I quickly went upstairs (per Jessica's orders) to rest and catch up on some DVR'ed shows. I knew if I stayed downstairs, I'd find some chore to complete, and so did Jessica. The two of them went and played outside before lunch, which is one of Bella's favorite things to do. She made a huge mess at her sand and water table, but I didn't worry one bit because Jessica cleaned everything up, including Bella. They ate lunch together and she put Bella down for a nap. That's when she asked if I'd like some help around the house. I wasn't offended or anything, because my house isn't as sparkling clean as it usually is and I know it. I'm not supposed to be exerting myself, unless it's absolutely necessary and cleaning is included on the no-no list. I keep up with keeping things tidy and clean, I just needed a good cleaning by someone who is ready, willing and able. Jessica worked for about an hour and a half and after she was finished, my house was restored to it's normal, sparkling clean condition. I was so thankful for her hard work that I paid a little extra. I don't think Ian will mind and he will be happy that the house is super clean again.

I'm so glad we found someone who cares so much about our family. Jessica really goes the extra mile when taking care of Bella and in all that she does. For a college student, she works REALLY hard. I love the fact that I can leave Bella with her and know and that Bella is in good hands. I actually Googled "babysitter appreciation day" and it's actually in May, and we will definitely be celebrating it this year.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment