Thursday, March 1, 2012

Survival

The past two weeks have been about one thing: survival. We have managed to make it through another week and everyone is alive and well.

For the past two days I have been flying solo during the day. As a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) this is the norm but when you're a SAHM on bed rest, it's quite an accomplishment. Bella has been very well behaved for a child who has been spending more time than usual at home and hasn't seen her little friends since last week. She plays well at home (for the most part) and we manage to dig new toys out to spice things up. For a child who is used to being out and about during the week, this has been an adjustment for her. We haven't been able to make it to the zoo, aquarium, Busch Gardens or any where fun. Hopefully I'll receive good news from the OB tomorrow and we can get back to our normal routine.

Bella played outside at her sand and water table for almost 2-hours this morning! It was awesome! I was able to sit on the lanai (in a chair) and watch her play. She was soaking wet and covered in sand but it was well worth the mess. I gave her a bath afterwards and she spent another 30 minutes splashing around in the bathtub. We finished up the morning with some more play time and lunch. Thankfully Bella asked to go down for a nap around 12:30pm and I gladly fulfilled her request. I accidentally fell asleep while watching a movie (oops) and I took an almost 2-hour nap. Bella took an almost 4-hour nap herself. We woke up feeling refreshed and ready to play before Ian returned home from work.

Busy season is well under way and Ian is working like a mad man. He didn't make it home in time to eat dinner with us but did make it home in time to help put Bella to bed. We miss daddy but understand that he has to work... a lot. It's a trade off but it allows us to have a pretty great life. Ahh, such is the life of a tax widow.

Bella is going to Grandma Ruth's tomorrow until Saturday afternoon . It'll be a nice little break and I could certainly use some time to myself. The past two days have been exhausting. And it will be nice to not schlep Bella to the OB's office with me tomorrow. Hopefully today's nap doesn't interfere with my sleep tonight because I could use a good night's sleep for sure. Nighty night y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment