Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sleepless Sunday

It took me forever to fall asleep last night, even though I was exhausted. I just couldn't get comfortable and I tossed and turned for several hours. I finally fell asleep around midnight and my numerous trips to the bathroom interrupted my sleep, as usual. I figured that with my late bedtime, that I'd be able to sleep in but I was grossly mistaken. I was up at 5am and wide awake. What the hell?!?

I watched a movie and worked on the nursery a bit. It's basically finished but I wanted to rearrange a few of the wall hangings. Before I knew it, it was 7am and everyone else in the house was still asleep. Lucky them. The house was so quiet and peaceful but I could have used the company. Everyone was awake by 8am and we began our vey lazy Sunday.

We had a some rain over night and the weather forecast predicted more rain. We planned accordingly and stayed at home today. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a beautiful day and we missed out on some fun outdoor activities. Bella and Ian decided to get in the hot tub and spent about an hour in there. Bella loves the water but the pool is too cold and takes forever to heat up, so we take her in the hot tub. She loves it! We ate lunch and after lunch, Bella went into the family room to collect her lovies. She made it clear that she was ready for nap time and went down for her nap without making a peep. I love that about her! I joined Bella for an afternoon nap, even though I knew I'd regret it later. But I was exhausted and my body needed the extra sleep. We both slept for 3-hours!

I've reached the point of pregnancy where I am over it. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable, I'm tired of the insomnia... I'm basically tired of all the unpleasant pregnancy side effects. Too bad I have about 6 more weeks to go. It's going to be a loooooong 6 weeks, that's for sure. Luckily the end result is totally worth it! =)

Well, here's to hoping I get some sleep tonight and can be well rested for the week. Grandma Ruth is coming over tomorrow and we have a couple of play dates scheduled this week. It's still not our typical busy week, but we're getting there and I'm still trying to take it easy.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella and Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment