Monday, January 7, 2013

Healthy Living: Day 1

After a few weeks, okay, a few months of maintaining a somewhat unhealthy lifestyle, today marks the beginning of the end. It's time to get back to healthy eating and working out regularly.

Tonight for dinner I will be making Savory Chicken from our South Beach Diet cookbook. It's a pretty basic meal of chicken breasts, onions, garlic and chicken broth with a little bit of rosemary. It may sound bland but it's actually pretty tasty. I'll be serving the chicken with a fresh salad and mashed cauliflower.

I'm sure this will be more than fine for Ian and me, however I am concerned that Bella won't too fond of it. For the time being, Bella's meals will continue to be served with a side of ranch (at least until I can find a healthy alternative).

Now I'm not saying that we will never splurge on Chick-fil-A or ice cream, because that's just crazy. We will occasionally indulge but for the time being and in order to jump start this lifestyle change, all indulgences will be saved for the weekend.

Wish us luck!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment