Saturday, January 26, 2013

I bought a sewing machine

I am a sucker for adorable, handmade clothes for my girls. Bella and CeCe have many cutesy outfits, with their initials or names embroidered on it. It's absolutely adorable and people are always complimenting the outfits I dress my girls in and if I made them. Bwhahahahaha! Clearly these people have no idea who they're talking to. I tend to be crafty in spurts (i.e. my bow making project of 2012) and I tend to take sabbaticals from being crafty. Well, things just got a little more interesting around the Lasher household...

I bought a sewing/embroidery machine. I bought a VERY basic machine by Brother, that will allow me to sew and do applique/embroidery work. I did a lot of research, weighed the pros/cons and decided on this machine because it was affordable and a good starter machine. I then used two clicks to purchase my new machine on amazon.com. It arrived the day after I purchased it (thank you, amazon.com for your prime expedited shipping) and I quickly got to "work."

So.... I'm definitely NOT a seamstress and I have a lot to learn, but I'm learning as I go. I set up the sewing machine and threaded it (all by myself). I even attempted to sew a dress, but quickly learned, that I need to learn the basics before I take on such an elaborate project. So in lieu of a dress, I made little purses for the girls. They are simple and have ribbon handles, but I made them completely on my own! Needless to say I am proud of myself.

I'm hoping to devote an hour or two every week to my new "hobby" and I'm hoping that in a few months, I'll be sewing dresses and embroidering outfits for my girls. Until then... I will practice and continue ordering from my favorite boutiques.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia


No comments:

Post a Comment