Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We're home!

We just returned today from our two week "vacation" in Baltimore. It's our annual pilgrimage to the motherland, or my hometown. I love Maryland, I love Baltimore and I love seeing our family and friends, but I don't really care for traveling with two small children. It's exhausting, it's stressful and I am so glad to be home!

So I guess I've painted a pretty bleak picture of our time in Baltimore, which couldn't be further from the truth. We stayed with my dad (aka Pop), which is great because it almost feels like home. The girls have their own space, we have our own space and we get to spend A LOT of time with Pop. Home-cooked meals, late night chats with Pop and trips to all of my favorite local spots (including Pastore's and Woodlea Bakery) cannot be beat. Oh, and don't forget watching all of Bella's favorite Disney movies... over and over again.

I'll write a post specifically about all of our Christmas activities, complete with pictures, but that will have to wait until I have more energy, our things are unpacked and our house is organized. Right now it looks like FAO Schwartz threw up all over our house because we have toys everywhere! But until then, I'll continue with my rant...

Almost every day we had plans and when we didn't have plans, we usually ended up making plans later in the day. We did a lot of running around with the girls, which is exhausting. We took them to indoor playgrounds, we took them to see Santa and we took them to several play dates with friends. Unfortunately my girls don't do well without their naps, so we were usually home by 1:00pm each day to ensure the girls could rest.

Okay, as I'm reading this, it sounds like a bunch of random thoughts, but that's kind of what is going on in my mind right now. Today was a LONG day of travel and it's time for some wine. I'll be sure to post about all of our Christmas adventures soon. Until then... I bid you a fond farewell!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment