Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Being of Irish heritage, St. Patrick's Day is typically a big holiday for us. This year we will not be celebrating with green beer or Irish car bombs, but that's okay. Our little leprechaun is well worth the sacrifice of not imbibing on St. Patrick's Day. I also think the corned beef and cabbage would have given me major heart burn, so I opted to not pig out on the yummy delicacies. The City of Tampa has begun the tradition of dying the Hillsborough River green. I think that's kind of neat, even if the city ripped the idea from Chicago.

St. Patrick's Day reminds me of my grandparents... whom I miss dearly. I remember going to Mom-Mom and BeBop's house on St. Patrick's Day and eating corned beef and cabbage with the entire family. I can remember the smell... I can remember the taste... and I can remember how I felt... blissfully happy to be with my family and celebrating our heritage. My Aunt Kathy hosted a St. Patrick's Day dinner at her house last Sunday for the McGrains; unfortunately we live 1,000 miles away and could not join the family. Perhaps Ian and I can start our own tradition of a St. Patrick's Day dinner with our family and friends in Tampa.

Until my next post...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

- Irish Blessing

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment