Friday, March 19, 2010

It's AWESOME baby!

It's that time of year again... MARCH MADNESS! College basketball is so much fun to watch and I never grow tired of watching game after game. The games this year have been quite exciting to say the least; a few upsets and a few OT wins. Close games are far more exciting to watch than blow outs, that's for sure.

Ian's favorite team, the Florida Gators, played yesterday but lost in double overtime. The Gators played BYU and by the end of the second OT, BYU maintained a lead and managed to hold onto the lead until the bitter end. My favorite team, the Maryland Terrapins, play tonight against Houston. I honestly don't know much about Houston, but I'm hoping the Terps continue to play well and win tonight. Another Maryland school made it into the tournament this year; Morgan State University. It's a small historically black university in Baltimore and unfortunately their first game was against WVU... and they lost. Oh well, on to the next game!

Last year I was not working, so I was able to watch the majority of the tournament. This year I'm working, but I'm able to follow scores on my iPhone. One of my coworkers is a huge Duke fan, so I'm sure as Duke progresses, I'll be keeping her updated on the score of the Duke games. I didn't join a pool this year because I simply didn't have the time. I'm actually pretty good at picking who will win and won a pool a few years ago. Ian is in several pools this year, so hopefully he'll win some money.

This weekend, we'll be around the house... watching basketball. Doesn't sound like such a bad weekend to me. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so hopefully we'll be able to do something outside, too. I'd love to take the dogs to Fort DeSoto, which is a state park with a dog beach. The boys love running around in the sand and even enjoy getting into the water. I have a feeling the water may be a little chilly, so there won't be much swimming. The boys could use the exercise and fresh air, so I'm hoping we can take them on Sunday.

Well, that's what's going on in the Lasher household... basketball, basketball and more basketball! GO TERPS!!!

Love always,
Ian & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment