Friday, February 24, 2012

Good friends

Good friends are few and far between... and I am quite thankful to have several good friends who would do anything for me (and my family) including taking me grocery shopping. Today's adventure at Publix goes to show just how far some friends are willing to go for you.

My friend Stephanie has been very concerned about my activity level recently and checks up on me several times a day. She checks to make sure I'm not over exerting myself or doing things the doctor told me not to do. She has offered to help and I graciously accepted her offer to assist me with my grocery shopping. I know it sounds simple, but when you're. It supposed to do a lot of walking, grocery shopping can seem like a very daunting task. Fortunately Jessica was here so we left both Bella and Connor in her care while we set out on our adventure. We had absolutely nothing in our fridge and so my grocery list was quite long.

When I woke up this morning, I thought that I might be able to handle a little walking but as the morning progressed, I reconsidered my original thought. Stephanie agreed that it might be a good idea to get the scooter cart at Publix... so we did. I sheepishly asked the manager at the customer service counter for the scooter and before I knew it, I was scooting all around Publix. Stephanie pushed another grocery cart because the basket on the scooter is relatively small. Although, I must admit, the scooter was pretty fun to ride around in! With my list in hand, we made quick work of my mile long grocery list. Stephanie was kind enough to grab items off shelves and unload everything at checkout. She even helped load the groceries into the car! Not to mention she unloaded the groceries from my car once we were home and helped me put everything away. Talk about a good friend! And I must admit, grocery shopping with a friend, sans children, is awesome! We were actually able to take our time, compare prices and organize coupons! Yay!

Grocery shopping can be quite a chore and it takes a good friend to essentially do your grocery shopping for you. I can't wait until I can return the favor one day... whether its grocery shopping or something else. I am feeling very blessed today for a friend like Stephanie. Now if I could only clone her...

But our fridge and pantry are full (thanks to Stephanie) and our family won't go hungry, or order take-out. It's such a relief to have this chore crossed off my to-do list. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing what we will be having for dinner for the next week or so. Oh, the worries of a stay-at-home-mom!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet friend, riding in the scooter sounds fin, too!

    ReplyDelete