Wednesday, February 29, 2012

9 weeks...

No this isn't a pregnancy post, it's actually a post about my current streak of 9-weeks of no Coke! Can you believe it? I haven't had a single drop of my favorite beverage in over two months and I've lived to tell about it. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth the effort.

When I was pregnant with Bella, I allowed myself at least one Coke a day. Once Bella was born I resumed my normal Coke drinking habits of several a day. When I found out I was pregnant with baby #2, I curbed my Coke drinking again but knew I should cut it out completely. And no, I'm not one of those crunchy, holistic moms, because I have eaten several lunch meat sandwiches throughout this pregnancy and I didn't heat the meat. Haha! But in all honesty, I wanted to stop drinking Coke for me, it just so happened I was also pregnant when I made this decision. Coke is amazingly delicious and refreshing but it's 140 calories of absolutely no nutrition.

I didn't only give up Coke, I gave up all beverages with the exception of good old fashion water. I have an occasional cup of hot tea, but that's about it! Oh and the cup of apple juice I had to drink in L&D last week... yuck! I didn't think I'd be able to last this long but my willpower has been amazing. I've turned down Cokes many times and watched (with eyes of envy) as others enjoyed a Coke.

All my hard work and willpower will be rewarded as I plan to treat myself to a Coke as soon as this baby arrives. I figured a post-partum Coke would be an appropriate reward for pushing out a baby, well that and maybe a piece of jewelry from Ian. Haha! But anyway, I plan to reintroduce Coke but on a very infrequent basis, maybe once a week.

So big ups to me in my 9-week streak and keep your fingers crossed that I can continue this streak.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment