Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Friday

After a long, but productive week, it's finally Friday! While it's been a fun week, I am one tired mama. Having Ian out of town for three days didn't help either, but Bella and I managed to keep ourselves occupied while he was away.

Today was our typical Friday: Sprouts and lunch with our friends. The moms were all pretty tired, but what do you expect when 6 out of 7 of us are pregnant?!? Yup, we've added two more to the preggo club. Sara C. and Heather are also expecting, but aren't due until August and September. It's going to be an interesting year for all of us with our new additions. But anyway... the kids played especially well together today and so we moms were able to rest, if only for a moment.

We had lunch at the Green Iguana, which is always yummy. The kids were so well behaved and we were able to enjoy a great deal of adult conversation. After lunch, we headed home for nap time. Bella took an almost 4-hour nap and so I took a 2-hour nap. After not being able to fall asleep until almost 1am last night due to nausea and heartburn, I was exhausted. I needed that nap, but I'm hoping I don't regret it at bedtime tonight.

While Ian was making dinner, I ran to Publix for a few necessities for the weekend. We go through so much fruit, vegetables and milk, it's not even funny. While I'm thankful that Bella eats a relatively healthy diet, buying fresh fruits and vegetables can get expensive. Tonight I bought a pound of strawberries, a carton of blueberries, a carton of raspberries and a carton of blackberries. Bella loves herself some berries! Thank goodness it's strawberry season in Florida and not only are the strawberries extra delicious but they're much cheaper! Hopefully our stash of berries lasts us until at least Monday.

Our DVR is packed with shows we need to catch up on. I'm praying that my anti-nausea meds do their job tonight and I don't have to deal with that tonight because I could really use a good night's sleep. We have an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow morning... Yay!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment