Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flying solo

Today was my first official day as a mom of two. Obviously I've been raising two kids for the past 2.5 weeks, but today was the first day that I was totally alone with both girls for the entire day. It was a whirlwind day and I am exhausted, but it was actually a pretty good day!

The day started early and when I wasn't watching the clock (counting down the minutes until Bella's nap time), I was entertaining Bella and tending to CeCe. While I nursed CeCe, I turned on the TV for Bella. During one nursing session, Bella asked me for a snack... WTF? We're not at the movies, kiddo! We went on a walk and played outside, while I wore CeCe in the Sleepy Wrap. The morning went okay and despite several meltdowns, Bella did really well sharing my attention today.

Nap time could not have arrived a moment sooner and all three of us napped into the early afternoon. Bella went down without so much as peep, but CeCe fought nap time for a little while. It wasn't until I placed her on her tummy that she fell into a deep sleep. Yes, I know... call child protective services, as I placed my child on her tummy to sleep. I'm a tummy sleeper, Bella is a tummy sleeper and I'm sure CeCe will be a tummy sleeper. And don't worry, she sleeps on her back at night for extended periods of sleep.

Between feeding Bella, nursing CeCe and entertaining both kids, I didn't accomplish much around the house. I did manage to finish up some thank you cards and wash some dishes. My floors still need to be vacuumed and mopped, but that will have to wait. My girls need me and housework will temporarily be put on the back burner (eek, I can't believe I just said that).

My big accomplishment for the day was making it through the day without any major incidents. We survived and will do it all again tomorrow. I'm dying to get out of the house, but must admit that I'm a bit nervous to venture out with both kids. Hopefully within the next week or so, I'll be brave enough to do so. Being homebound is NOT for me, that is for sure.

Here's to hoping that the upcoming days are just as good as today! Being a mom of two is a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment