Monday, April 30, 2012

Oh Monday...

I cannot believe it's Monday already. This weekend passed by in the blink of an eye... as usual. And what better way to begin a Monday than with a trip to the pediatrician's office (for CeCe) and the PCP's office (for Ian). Never a full moment around here!

I called the pediatrician as soon as the office opened to schedule an appointment for the little munchkin. I was diagnosed with thrush last week and the OB suggested I get CeCe checked out, too. Fortunately CeCe received a clean bill of health and doesn't appear to have thrush. But that doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't have it or won't develop it. Ugh! But on a more positive note, CeCe now weighs 10 pounds 3 ounces! She has gained almost an entire pound in just one week. I must be doing something right!

This breast feeding business is difficult. CeCe initially had a terrible latch and I was in pain, then my breast was infected, then I developed thrush... why can't this be as simple as everyone makes it out to be?!? I'm determined to stick with it because my supply is good and CeCe is growing like a weed. I just hope the doctor can figure out what's wrong with my left breast so I can move on from the pain. But for now I pump on the left and nurse on the right. And like I mentioned before, despite all these issues, my supply is good and I've been able to feed CeCe and store extra milk. Yay! I scheduled an appointment with the OB to follow up from last week and to figure this out once and for all.

I'm thankful to be able to complain about breast feeding because it's something I was unable to do with Bella. She was in the NICU and I was very sick after delivery so it didn't work out. This time around CeCe didn't need the NICU and I had a much healthier delivery. I just wish I didn't have all of these minor set backs, but this too shall pass.

But Monday was fairly kind to me. I was able to take a nap this afternoon and spent time with friends this evening. It was a pretty good day, we survived and that's all I can really hope for these days. It is late and I've got a hungry hippo to feed, so I'd better go. Nighty night y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment