Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh Monday...

It's Monday... sigh. The days and weeks seem to disappear in the blink of an eye. I wish the weekends were a day or two longer, so that I could enjoy more time with my family. I suppose things could always be worse and I could be having to return to a job outside the home every Monday. Instead, I am able to spend the week with my two beautiful girls and for that I am very thankful. 

My sweet CeCe Rose turned two-weeks-old yesterday. I cannot believe it's been two weeks since she joined our family because it really only feels like yesterday. She is sweet as can be, but definitely has a feisty side to her. We love her to pieces and we cannot imagine life without her. 

We had a follow-up appointment with the pediatrician this morning to address CeCe's jaundice. Thankfully Dr. Hosemann didn't think it was necessary to retest, so CeCe avoided the dreaded heel prick. She said that her skin and eyes looked "perfect" and she felt confident that the excess bilirubin has been expelled from her system. Yay! CeCe was also weighed and I am very pleased to say that she now weighs 9 pounds 9 ounces! She has surpassed her birth weight by 6 ounces and has gained 1 pound 3 ounces since her last appointment with the pediatrician. I am proud to say that all the nursing and pumping has paid off and CeCe is growing like a weed!

My little partner in crime and I ran a few errands after her appointment, which included a pedicure (for me) and a trip to Babies-R-Us. CeCe slept the entire time and was the perfect shopping partner. Bella is at Grandma Ruth's for a few days so I'm trying to take advantage of having just a newborn at home. I must admit that I miss Bella more than ever, because I truly enjoy having both my girls at home with me. Luckily she will be home tomorrow afternoon and I'm sure I'll miss all the quiet moments I'm experiencing today. 

Sleepy head
Nap time
Speaking of quiet moments... I'd better take advantage of a sleeping baby and a quiet house, with a quick nap. I have a TON of housework to do, but I've learned to lighten up (a bit) and not obsess over having an immaculate house. My floors need to be mopped and I have laundry to put away, but it can all wait. A well rested mama is far more important than household chores. 

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment