Sunday, June 10, 2012

Feeling "bleh"

This weekend was a huge flop. We had several things planned, but we ended up having to cancel all of our plans because Ian and I came down with a stomach bug. Bleh! We laid low and tried to relax as much as possible. The only positive thing about this awful stomach bug was that we each lost about 5-pounds because of all of the gastrointestinal antics! Talk about quick weight loss results.

Bella spent the weekend at Grandma Ruth's house. This was a huge blessing because we really needed to catch up on sleep and relax a little. We ordered pizza (it seemed like a good idea at the time) and watched TV on Friday night, like a couple of bums. We went to bed early (as usual) to maximize our sleep. It was Ian's turn to get up with CeCe at 3:30am, which means he was able to sleep in the following morning. We ran a few errands and took care of a few chores around the house, which included about 12 loads of laundry. 3 loads for Ian, 3 loads for the girls, 3 loads for me and 3 loads of linens. Our washer and dryer received quite the work out! I was out of commission for several days because of the stomach bug and so housework went by the wayside. Oh well, thank goodness for weekends!

So while pizza seemed like a good idea at the time, it didn't quite agree with my stomach. It took until about Sunday afternoon for me to feel 100% better. I took advantage of being sick and took lots of naps. Thursday through Sunday, I napped each day for about 2-hours. My body must have needed the rest because I had absolutely no trouble falling asleep at night. Ugh, being sick is such a drag! Thankfully the girls seem to be unaffected by our stomach bug and hopefully they will be spared from it's wrath.

The overall feeling of this weekend was "bleh." We did a whole lot of nothing and enjoyed every minute of it... when we weren't in the bathroom of course. My house is slowly being put back together and I think I'll be caught up on housework by Wednesday (when the babysitter is here). It's crazy how missing a few days of household chores can turn your house upside down! And y'all know just how much I can't stand a cluttered, unclean house! This week will be a busy week for sure, but we also have a lot of fun things planned. I'm hosting a mom's night in, we have a play date to attend and my mom arrives Thursday. As usual... so little time, so much to do!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment