Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's raining, it's pouring

We have been experiencing drought conditions for several months and the lack of rain has certainly been taking it's toll on us. It's been hot and humid, but up until the last few days we've experienced very little rain. Fortunately, Tropical Storm Debby has come along and is saturating us with tons and tons of rain. It has been raining for over 24-hours and that's quite all right with me. We NEED the rain and since we've no place to go... let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

This morning we headed to the Glazer Children's Museum, but totally forgot to check their hours before going. Unfortunately they were not open until 1pm, so we had to forgo our original plan and make alternate plans. We decided to head to Westshore Mall, since we were already in the area. Oh darn, a trip to the mall, what's a poor mother to do? We were just at the mall yesterday, so I didn't really need anything, but it's always fun to window shop. And yes, I ended up buying a new pair of shoes for Bella at Stride Rite and new bows for Bella since she has been doing such an excellent job keeping bows in lately. Of course we grabbed lunch while we were there, but it wasn't anything exciting, just two really big Greek salads for Ian and myself and chicken strips for Bella. Our trip to the mall was completed with some play time in the indoor playground.

Both girls were passed out by the time we got home and we are currently waiting for them to go back to sleep in their cribs. Ian is currently talking with Bella (via the baby monitor) and the two are in negotiations regarding nap time. I sure hope Bella takes a nap, she was exhausted and could really use the rest. Cecilia is down for the count, bless her little heart. Plus, if both girls take a nap, I can catch a few winks myself!

It's a rainy, laid back Sunday and now that we're home, we can sit back, relax and enjoy the soothing rain. Not much time for relaxation these days, but we make the most of what little time we do have to relax.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

P.S. At lunch today, Ian said to me, "Are we having fun yet?" to which I replied, "Oh yes!" He then reassured me that he is having fun raising our girls and spending time together as a family. I agreed and said, "I couldn't imagine our lives any other way..." - just another blissful moment, shared with my amazing husband. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment