Friday, November 25, 2011

After Thanksgiving sales...

Unlike the millions of people running around in Best Buy, Target and the mall, I will not be participating in the riff-raff of shopping in stores the day after Thanksgiving. I refuse to step foot in a retail store today. I simply don't have the energy or patience to deal with the crowds. I seriously don't know how or why people do it. What I do know is that online shopping is exactly my style of shopping after Thanksgiving and so it begins.


I ordered Bella five 2-piece outfits from Gymboree, for $50 + free shipping! Pop told me to order her a few things for Christmas and I wanted to respect his wishes. I ordered outfits from the clearance section, which was an additional 30% off and I was able to use a 20% off coupon in addition to the sale prices. The free shipping really sealed the deal... gosh, I love free shipping!


To add to my own shoe fetish, I purchased five pairs of shoes from Stride Rite. They were having a 50% off sale and I couldn't pass it up. I ordered Bella five pairs of shoes for $70! Considering that Stride Rite normally charges $40 per pair, getting them for $15 a pair was a steal! Stride Rite shoes are the ONLY shoes I like Bella to wear, so I'm pretty much stuck buying them from consignment stores, receiving hand-me-downs or buying them myself. The majority of Bella's shoes have been new, but since her feet are teeny tiny and don't grow as quickly as the rest of her, we've been able to get a lot of use out of her shoes. And luckily we're having another girl so these shoes will all be passed down to Baby #2. 


From Pottery Barn Kids, I ordered decor for the nursery. I had a 15% off coupon and they were running a few sales. The accessories coordinate with the rest of the room and will really tie everything together. The mirrors, butterflies, lamps and blankets coordinate perfectly with the wall color and the bedding. The extra 15% was what really sold me, because PBK rarely has coupons that good. I am also a huge fan of PBK and PB's customer service, so when I needed to add something to my original order, it was no problem at all. 


One of my favorite online boutiques was offering $40 smocked outfits for $20 + free shipping! I ordered the girls (hehe!) their first matching outfits. Hopefully I ordered the proper sizes and they will be able to wear the outfits together at least a few times. I LOVE hand-made clothing and smocking is absolutely adorable on little girls. I cannot wait for the dresses and rompers to arrive next spring! Again, the price was right and I couldn't pass up such adorable outfits at such an unbelievable price. Check out The Smocking Bug for adorable and affordable hand-made smocked outfits for your kids.


I cannot wait for all of my packages to arrive! There's something fun and exciting about getting goodies delivered to your door step. I love not having to run to the store, finding a decent parking spot and fighting the horrendous crowds. I also love online shopping in my pajamas from the comfort of my couch. Online shopping is the best! Well, I'd better go hide the credit card because the sales are oh-so tempting and Ian's starting to get a little nervous. I think the fact that Bella learned the word "credit card" and I taught her the phrase, "charge it!" REALLY makes Ian nervous... there's nothing like a household full of women with daddy's credit card!


Happy shopping everyone!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment