Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's a GIRL!

Ian, Bella and I are very excited to announce that Bella will be getting a little sister in April! I am on cloud nine right now and I am so happy to have our second little girl on the way. Two darling daughters, what more could a mother or father ask for?!? 


We had an elective ultrasound, just like we did with Bella, only we purchased a package that came with two ultrasounds. We decided to do the first ultrasound right at 18-weeks, so we could begin planning the nursery. Like I mentioned in previous posts, my dad will be in town next week and will be helping us paint. I wanted to have the bedding selected and the paint purchased by the time he arrived so we could get started right away. The ultrasound offered many sneak peaks of baby girl Lasher's lady parts and the technician was 99.9% sure of the gender. This was funny to us because Bella kept her legs crossed during most of the ultrasounds and I never felt the technicians were certain about her gender. 


We brought Bella with us, which was interesting because it was close to her bed time and interrupted her evening play time with Ian. She was pretty well behaved for most of the ultrasound and luckily the technician had young children of her own so she was very understanding. Bella sat next to me on the bed for part of the ultrasound, which was adorable! She even tried to grab the ultrasound wand from the technician! The rest of the time she watched the screen with Ian and ran around the office. When asked what was in mommy's tummy, she replied, "baby" and when asked if she wanted a brother or sister, she also replied, "baby." We told her she would be getting a little sister and she repeated the word sister several times. I am so glad we brought Bella with us and included her in the big gender reveal. Hopefully she's as excited about her little sister when she actually arrives.


We called our parents and texted a few people to let them know the gender. Everyone is very excited for us and can't wait to meet the newest Lasher lady. Needless to say we can't wait to meet her either! I have an anatomy ultrasound next week at my OB's office, so we'll get another sneak peak at her. We will probably schedule our second elective ultrasound when I'm about 30-weeks along. Until then, we have a nursery to paint, furniture to assemble and about a million other things to do. Fortunately, my energy level is slowly increasing and I'm trying to make the most of it. Lots of nesting has been done but there is still so much left to do! 


Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound... just thought I'd share!
A pretty good picture of her lady parts and her little body!
Her first smile? 3-D ultrasounds are amazing!
We are still in awe that we will have another little girl to love. Ian will certainly have his hands full with all of these women in his life! But Bella is definitely a daddy's girl, so I think Ian is pretty happy to have another little girl to love and adore him... and father wouldn't want that?!? 


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby Girl Lasher

No comments:

Post a Comment