Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Over worked and overwhelmed

This post is going to be super short. Why, you may ask? Well it's because we've been going non-stop since Monday. Ever since we picked Pop up from the airport on Monday morning, we've been busy running errands or doing stuff around the house. We're preparing for Thanksgiving tomorrow and preparing a meal for 12 people is no easy task. It's stressful, but it's fun. And luckily I have some awesome help (ahem... Pop, Ian, Aunt Dawn and Stephanie) and wouldn't be able to pull of this great feat without their assistance.


Today I am feeling very overwhelmed, to say the least. We are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow and I feel like there is so much to do! Even though half of the meal is already prepared or in the process of being prepared, I still feel so overwhelmed. I do this to myself every time we host a family gathering at our house, but in the end, it is all worth it. This is our second year for hosting Thanksgiving and I think it's become the new tradition. Personally, I like hosting and even though I get stressed out, I enjoy the end result.


I suppose being 19-weeks pregnant just adds to all of the mayhem, right? Not to mention we prepped and painted the new nursery yesterday and assembled the furniture today. Someone (named Ian) wanted the nursery to be ready to show family and friends tomorrow. Someone (named Kim) tried to suggest that perhaps this should wait until after Thanksgiving, but someone else got his way. The nursery is just about finished, with the exception of lighting, wall decor and a few other odds and ends... oh, and a baby!


Well, I'd better get back to it. As the saying goes, so little time, so much to do! But so much to be thankful for this year!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment