Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

2011 Thanksgiving Centerpiece
Our 2nd annual family Thanksgiving has come and gone. It's hard to believe that after busting my butt in the kitchen for the past two days that it's all over. After many, many hours shopping, cooking and cleaning, we sat down to dinner around 5pm and stuffed ourselves silly with all of the traditional Thanksgiving day foods. We had the FULL meal: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, two kinds of dressing, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls and gravy. Everything seemed to come together seamlessly and we topped off our wonderful meal with a homemade apple pie and pumpkin pie with freshly made whipped cream. It was so delicious and I'm already looking forward to next year!


My favorite part of cooking for Thanksgiving is the pause in conversation that occurs while everyone is eating. The clanking of forks and knives is music to my ears because it means everyone is enjoying their meal. It is so satisfying to receive compliments from people in regard to my cooking, but it is really satisfying to have 12 people sitting at your table in complete silence as they devour the food I prepared for them. And this year's meal was probably my best yet. It's my second time cooking a turkey and I think it turned out even better than last year's turkey. 


After dinner, the kids went for a walk with some adult chaperones while Ian and Pop washed dishes. This left a brief moment for my friend Stephanie and I enjoyed some quiet conversation. This is a rarity, as we are usually chasing kids around and it was much needed. A MNO definitely needs to be planned soon!


Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday to spend with family and friends. Our family has so much to be thankful for this year and I am so glad we were able to share our blessings with those close to us. This year, I am very thankful for my wonderful husband, my beautiful daughter and our network of close family and friends. Many, many thanks!!!


Well, I am exhausted and my back is killing me. The couch and heating pad are calling my name. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment