Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Funday

It's Sunday, but it sure doesn't feel like Sunday. Ian has another week of vacation and so the hustle and bustle of getting ready for another week is delayed yet again. I could get used to this... but I'd better not because before I know it, Ian will be back at work.


We had a pretty laid back day today. We took care of some things around the house, including numerous loads of laundry and tidying up. I wanted all the laundry put away and the house tidy for tomorrow because the housekeeper is coming! Yay! The poor girl had to have her wisdom teeth pulled last month and so we had to postpone a few visits. I am very thankful she is coming tomorrow because my back could use a break from having to clean this week. 


I really need to devise a better method of keeping up with the laundry. And to be quite honest, it's not all of the laundry, it's just my clothes. I can keep up with linens and Bella's laundry just fine. I run a few loads a week and it's manageable. But, I have a TON of clothes! I'm talking an entire walk-in closet and about 8 dresser drawers worth of clothing. And the sad thing is that I've actually gotten rid of a lot of clothing over the past few years, I just have the bad habit of replacing the things I get rid of... oops! But I digress... my point is that I could go weeks without doing laundry and still have enough clothes to wear. I have gotten into the habit of waiting 2-3 weeks before doing my own laundry so by the time I go to wash clothes, I have 4-5 loads of just my clothes. Not to mention the folding/hanging and putting away of the clothes; it's never ending! And you've probably realized that I didn't include Ian's laundry. It's always been this way and it works for us. Don't you wish your husband did his own laundry?!? 


We managed to have some fun today and met our friends at a local bar to watch football. After Bella's nap, we met up with our friends and watched most of the late afternoon games. It was fun, but it was a totally different experience than past years. Bella was very well-behaved, and I love her for that. She's a kid we can take just about anywhere and not have to worry about her behavior. After the games were over, we headed to the mall to pick up a few things at JC Penney. I love the coupons they send! Today, I had a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon and I even had a $15 off a $15 purchase! I paid $1.06 for a pair of pajamas for Bella and $5.25 for two polo shirts! I love a good deal, or two!


Daylight savings wreaked havoc on our house this morning. Bella was up and at 'em bright and early because of the time change. Her schedule was slightly off today but we managed to keep her awake until her normal bed time in the hope that we can get her back on schedule this week. I remember when daylight savings time meant I got more sleep! Gone are the days of sleeping in... oh well! The lack of sleep is totally worth it these days! But it's been a long day and this pregnant mama needs some sleep. Good night!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2


P.S. GO RAVENS!

2 comments:

  1. I the past few months I have donated more than 20 boxes and bags of clothes, so I know where you're coming from. Now that I'm at home, I adopted a home journal and did lots of research on house keeping schedules. We have our cleaning ladies so I don't get nitty gritty, but I keep a schedule for laundry, errands etc and it has make the biggest difference! Monday is laundry day, and I get it all done-it's wonderful! My husband wears full suits everyday, so his contribution to laundry is light, as mostly everything goes to the cleaner. Glad y'all had such a great Sunday. I said goodbye to my second walkin closet in the nursery, it's cleaned out and ready for baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed my cleaning lady, but she is here today and kicking butt! I have a pretty good schedule system and keep a calendar on the fridge. Our washing machine seems like it takes forever! The quickest load is like 45 minutes long. So much for high efficiency! We keep a pretty busy schedule and need to be home by 1pm every day for Bella's nap. I used to get a lot accomplished during her naps, but these days nap time for Bella means nap time for me! As you will soon see, it's difficult to get any accomplished with a little one in the house. When they're newborns, it's great, but once they're mobile it's a whole different ball game! Ahh, how life has changed!!! =)

    ReplyDelete