Monday, September 26, 2011

Daddy Comes Home Today!

After being in Charlotte for an entire week, including the weekend, Ian is coming home today! Bella and I could not be more excited! This single parent thing has been a lot to manage and the days have been long, but we made it! Thank goodness for friends who helped keep us busy while Ian was gone. And I can honestly say that the 8 days and 7 nights went by quickly... can you tell we miss daddy?!?


My friend/neighbor Sara and I had nightly play dates for the past three nights. Bella and I headed over to the McGill's house after Bella's afternoon nap each evening. It worked out perfectly because the kids all played together and kept each other entertained, while Sara and I commiserated in our husbands being out of town. Without the nightly play dates, I don't think I could have survived. Thank you Sara and thank you for dinner and dessert, too! 


I managed to keep us busy during the day, too. Play dates, trips to the zoo and lunch with Grandma Ruth helped us pass the time. I probably went shopping a little more than I'd like to admit, but what else do you do when your husband is away? Spend his hard earned money, what else? I bought a few new toys for Bella, to help keep her occupied. And I also bought a new "toy" for myself... in the form of a new stick vaccum! Wow, my life is so exciting these days! 


We Skyped with daddy and spoke with him on the phone almost every day. When he wasn't working (or sleeping) he was calling to check in on us. I could tell that he missed us dearly and couldn't wait to get back home. I think the "I really miss you girls" and "I can't wait to see you girls again" confirmed that assumption. This is the longest either one of us has ever been away from Bella! Unfortunately this may not be our longest stint, as Ian will have to return to Charlotte for almost 10 days before busy season is over. Bummer.


Ian should touch down in Tampa shortly after dinner time and hopefully his flight is not delayed. He's hoping to see Bella tonight, before she goes to bed. He's even looking into an earlier flight, but we're not getting our hopes up. It would be really nice to have him home a bit early... so here's to hoping! 


Well, Bella is with the babysitter this morning and I've got a few errands to run. It's so nice to run errands without a baby in tow. I better make the most of the few hours I have to myself... so long for now!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment