Thursday, September 1, 2011

So little time, so much to do!

After being away from Grandma Ruth for over two weeks, we dropped Bella off at her beloved grandma's house this afternoon for a few days. Neither rush hour traffic nor a near monsoon could keep us from reaching our destination. Bella is currently at Grandma Ruth's until Saturday and I am creating an endless list of things to do in my head. 


Unfortunately, I will be going at it alone, as Ian is working 20 hour days (no joke). Last week, by Tuesday, he had about 42 hours of work under his belt. I mean seriously, who works 21 hour days? Apparently my husband and his co-workers who are also on this project with him. He worked ALL weekend, with the exception of maybe 6 hours on Saturday while we were at a wedding. He will also be working this weekend and on Labor Day. I think he's been averaging about 3-4 hours of sleep a night and repeats this on a daily basis. He works hard and is doing an awesome job on this project, according to the managing partner. 


I need to unpack and organize all of our clothes, well at least my clothes and Bella's clothes. I need to go through two weeks worth of mail and organize the insane amount of mail we received while we were gone. I need to clean the house because it hasn't been done in over two weeks. And I need to clone myself to get it all done. As much as I hate packing for a trip, I really hate unpacking from a trip. Thankfully, Ian is actually going to take care of all of the outdoor chores, prior to working on Saturday. Our yard literally looks like a jungle after not being cut for almost 3 weeks.


So little time, so much to do! I'd better take advantage of having a few Bella-free days and get to work. I'd much rather lay on the couch and catch up with my DVR, but this stuff isn't going to take care of itself. So until all my chores are finished... adios!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment