Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

As I sit here and type, both of my girls are fed, clean and fast asleep. This Mother's Day was somewhat in uneventful and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Last night Ian "tried" to give me a night off. Unfortunately I was up each time CeCe was up, despite Ian's best efforts. And I was in pain by 7am this morning so I'm not entirely certain my "night off" was worth it. But I managed to catch a few extra winks after relieving myself. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

We had our family over for lunch and for once I did absolutely nothing! I didn't clean and I didn't make any food... it was wonderful. But I was sure glad to see our guests leave, just in time for nap time.

On a more amusing note... Ian asked me multiple times, "what do you want for mother's day?" Any normal woman would have said jewelry or some other expensive gift, but y'all will be surprised to know that I answered, "nothing." Ian pretty much let's me buy whatever it is that I want or need all year round, so there is nothing that I want or need at this moment in time. He even visited our family's jeweler to design a new piece for me, but I so graciously (stupidly?) declined. I may regret this decision but for now it felt like the right thing to do.

Mother's Day is 365 days a year for me. I get to spend each and every day with my girls and for that I am truly blessed. I have a loving and supportive husband who works hard to provide for us so that I can be "mommy" 365 days a year.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment