Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rainy Wednesday

It finally freakin' rained today! It drizzled off and on this morning and then this evening it began to pour. It's been steady and as I type this, it is still pouring outside. We haven't had rain in such a long time that I had almost forgotten how relaxing a rainy day could be.

Jessica arrived bright and early this morning to watch Bella. I love the days she is here because it means I can spend some one-on-one time with CeCe. CeCe and I went to my friend Michelle's house for a new member meet and greet for MOMS Club. We had a great turn out and it was nice having some adult conversation with friends. CeCe is currently the youngest in the group, but she will be getting some new friends this fall and winter, yay!

We headed out to run a few errands, which included a stop at Target. All I "needed" was toilet paper, but I walked out of there with a cart full of odds and ends for everyone. My smartest purchase of the day was a tube of glow sticks for $1 that kept Bella entertained for a good part of the evening (thank you Jessica for that brilliant idea).

Today was also Pop's last full day here. He will be returning to Baltimore tomorrow, after spending 10-days with us. He has been such a help and we will miss him dearly. Pop entertains Bella in the morning while I tend to CeCe, he has made dinner almost every night and has been great company. It's a shame we don't live closer because Bella LOVES her Pop and the bond those two have is incredible. She calls for him in the morning when she's ready to get up and drags him outside in the heat to play with her in the afternoon. It's adorable and I'm so glad my girls have such a close relationship with him, despite living 1,000 miles apart.

Well, I'd better get some sleep before it is time to feed CeCe again. The house is silent, except for the sound of the gentle rain outside my window... what a soothing way to fall back to sleep. Goodnight... again.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment