Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Insomnia sucks!

I figured I'd post a "whoa is me" kind of post, seeing that it's 6am and I am wide awake. Every member of my family is fast asleep but my old friend, insomnia, decided to pay me a visit.

I woke up to nurse at 4:30am and haven't been able to fall back to sleep. This lack of sleep is going to make for a long day, I just know it. Our babysitter is coming this morning, so perhaps I can catch a nap (or two) today. Between interrupted sleep and this latest bout of insomnia, I've probably slept for 8-hours total over the past two nights.

I've battled with sleep issues for years. I have struggled to fall asleep and I have also struggled to stay asleep. It's really pretty awful. I've tried OTC remedies, I've tried prescription remedies... you name it, I've probably tried it. Nothing seems to work for more than a day or two and it's quite frustrating.

I asked Ian the other day, "when we will sleep normally again?" to which he replied, "not for a very long time." Even though my girls are good sleepers, I like to check on them occasionally, so I'm usually up several times during the night. Not to mention that I am a very light sleeper and wake up at the sound of a pin drop. Add to that a husband who snores and sharing a bed with a burrowing Dachshund and it makes for a less than desirable environment for sleep.

Oh sleep... you are dearly missed. I would give almost anything for one night of quality sleep.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment