Monday, July 23, 2012

All day preschool

In an effort to step up our potty training efforts with Bella, we decided to enroll her in school full-time this week. I know it sounds like more of a punishment, but she loves school and does well with potty training at school. Today was her first full day of preschool and she did very well. She napped for an hour, only had one accident (it was #2 by the way) and didn't ask when I was coming to pick her up. Her teachers were very surprised that she did so well, but I'm not. She genuinely seems to love school and likes being around other children. She has fun and learns a little along the way. It's great!

I was expecting a bag full of soiled clothes from accident after accident, but her bag of soiled clothes only contained two pairs of panties and one pair of bloomers. Her teachers said she did great with potty training and will eventually learn to go #2 on the potty. I'm SO proud of my little girl and I know she will get the hang of this in no time. I'm so thankful for the teachers at her school for taking the time to potty train her. I'm so thankful that we will continue with the potty training at home and allow her to wear her big girl panties while she is awake.

Bella was so excited to see me when I arrived to pick her up. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug. I think picking her up from school is one of my favorite things because of her reaction. She is excited to see me, is always happy, wants to show me what she made that day and talks my ear off about her day. We're very lucky to have found such a wonderful school for her to attend for the summer.

Well, tomorrow is another busy day and I need to get my beauty rest. CeCe and I have errands to run and I have some cleaning to do. And best of all, we get to go pick up Bella after another fun-filled day at school. Who knew all-day preschool could be such a positive thing for both Bella and me?!?

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment